RP Closer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The beginning

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The beginning Empty The beginning

Post  LakeJumper Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:38 pm

A scruffy-looking coyote ambled along the side of the creek, examining the water. Seeing a flash of light under the surface he leaps forward, only missing the fish by inches. Sitting back, he shakes the water from his muzzle and looks arond, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as if in a laugh. Sensing a new presence, he looks across the creek spying another critter, this one of greater intrest.
as the new creature approached, the coyote seemed to shimmer and stretch, until a young man sat in its place. His brown hair tied back in a long pony-tail, his blue eyes were full of laughter and mischief. Brushing the dirt from his jeans, he stands up and hops over the creek, ready to greet the newcomer

LakeJumper
Admin

https://rpcloser.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The beginning Empty reaching an understanding

Post  nytewulf Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:30 pm

true to a shy nature, she watches his approach. a proud wolf, clean and sleek, her gray coat shimmers in the dappled sunlight. in contrast to his bold change, she decides to wait him out in this form and see just who this stranger is.
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

The beginning Empty Re: The beginning

Post  LakeJumper Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:46 pm

Chuckling at the shyness, the man sits down and looks at the wolf for a minute. Giving a small chuckle, he cocks his head to the side.

"Come here often, fluffy?" he quips. Not waiting for a respone, he barrels on. "I usually come here for the sun, but the sight of a fish got me thinking of how long its been since I had a snack and then I thought it was funny at how I missed by so little and then I saw you padding closer so I thought you might like to talk but you might want to know who you were talking to and so I changed so you would know what I am and then I thought you might be currious to talk so I jumped over." Finally stopping he takes a breath and looks quizically at the wolf.
"So, do you come here often?"

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:53 pm

'boy, you talk a lot' she thinks to him, wondering if he can hear her. so few people can, even shifters.
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:16 pm

He sits back straight, one eyebrow raising. "interesting trick." Scratching his head he continues, "I can understand you in any manner, but I haven't learned to communicate that silently."
Chuckling to himself he sighs and takes another breath. "Yeah, I do tend to run on. I have spent a lot of time with humans lately and have missed talking with others like us."

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:28 pm

'humans are strange creatures. but i've yet to meet one shifter with this...trick.' with a yawn, she stretches and shimmers into human form. only just enough brown cloth to make her appearance legal to humans covers her body. 'what do you call yourself?'
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Blinking at the striking human before him, he gathers himself before continuing. "Yeah, humans are strange, but also interesting. they have many strange concepts and ideas, and weird ways of forming and running their packs."
Smiling at her appearance he brings himself back to her question. "I am called 'LakeJumper'. The humans call me 'Lake', but all the other shifters I know understand that it is because I once jumped across a lake. What name do you go by?"

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:51 pm

'Reza.' She thinks for a moment. 'Did you have a bird-shifter carry you?' As she listens to his response, she contemplates the odd idea that humans might run in packs. As far as she is concerned, humans are a rather useless creature, and so she passes over that thought quickly.
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Lake looks confused for a moment at her question, then bursts out in laughter.
After a few seconds he ragains his composure ad wipes a tear out of his eye. Smiling, he answers. "No, Reza. I actually used a series of tricks I learned from other shifters and spirits. Some I learned from ones like you."
Leaning closer, he whispers: "I actually did more running across the lake than jumping, but I wasn't going to correct everyones impression of my accomplishments. Their own fault if they couldn't see straight."

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Reza cocks her head to one side in confusion of her own, then nods. 'That actually seems reasonable. What is your purpose here?' With her chin, she motions to the forest around her.
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:05 pm

"Well, every so often I like to come back to these lands and remember what it is like to be myself." He pats his chest and then waves around. "I grew up here as a pup before my First Change. After that, it was weird being around non-shifters, as they didn't seem to understand me as well. After I learned about what I was from some others, and about what Coyote has in store for me, I felt I should investifate the humans more."
He chuckles at the memories. "Right now, I was wondering if I was alone in the area, of there were any others around to converse with, and possibly learn from. How about you?"

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Reza nods. 'I was traveling through. I have met very few shifters in my time since a pup. My first change was painful and lonely. Now, I travel around, trying to see and know. It is rare when I deal with ... humans!' Reza practically jumps back into wolf form as her hearing discerns the sound of a human coming closer.
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

The beginning Empty New NPC

Post  nytewulf Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:22 pm

(Hiker 1) Stumbles out of the brush and undergrowth.

"Where is that damn trail?!" She startles as she sees the lone man sitting in the clearing. "Wow. Who are you?" She peers at him curiously.

(ooc - you can create a second hiker if you want. if not, no worries.)
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Lake jumps back a bit, startled at the quick moving wolf and the suddenly appearing hiker.

"Uh..My name is Lake." He stammers a bit, climbing to his feet. "I was just relaxing by the creek, enjoying the sun and the breeze. What brings you so far out?"

He turns to face the hiker, trying to cover where Reza disappeared to.

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 pm

"Oh! I'm looking for this rock shrine that supposed be around here and I can't find the trail and I think I'm lost." She smiles vapidly. "What's back there?" She tries to follow where Lake is moving.
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Cocking his head to the side, he looks quizicly at the newcomer. "Rock shrine? What kind of shrine?" Trying to distract the light-minded girl he gestures towards the creek. "There are some rock formations and things across the creek a bit, if that is what you arelooking for...I'm sorry what did you say your name was?"

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:39 pm

"I'm Lana. Sorry." She walks toward the creek. "I don't know. It's supposed to be all special, but I think I may have gotten the directions wrong. I'll just cross the creek here and try out there somewhere..." She sloshes across the creek and disappears with a farewell.
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Lake scratches his chin, staring after Lana. "That was strange. I wonder what she is looking for?" A small smile comes to his face. "Nice tail, though."

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Sensing the human moving away, Reza waited a minute longer and moves to the edge of the clearing. 'She hasn't got one...
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 pm

"Well, she does have a sort of tail. The humans call their backside a "tail", but that is usually for purposes of mating..." Lake stops, realizing what he was saying. "Notthat I know much about human mating behaviours." He finishes lamely.

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Reza snorts. 'I'm sure.' She pads silently out of the brush. 'I may know the shrine she's talking about. I've come looking for it myself.'
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Lake's image shimmers as he shifts back to a coyote. "How about we follow her and see what she finds?"
He hops over the creek and turns to look at Reza. "Unless you're scared, of course."

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:00 pm

'I have tracked more than my share of two-leggers in my time.' Reza follows him. 'Lead on, Puddle Puppy.'
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  LakeJumper Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:37 am

Lake nodded at first, but then his head snapped around to look at her. A strange expression crossed his muzzle, as if he was trying to hold his jaws together.
Suddenly, his mouth bursts open in to a laugh as he sits back on his haunches.
It takes him a mintue to compose himself enough to talk. "heh heh. 'Puddle Puppy', is it?" Shaking his head, he continues to chuckle lightly. "Nice one. I'll have to make note that you have some wit as well as looks."
Getting back to his feet, smile still on his muzzle, he turnd back to the woods and begins to follow the human's trail. As he walks, a small chuckly seems to follow him.

LakeJumper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nytewulf Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:37 pm

As Reza follows, she settles into Lake's pace. The human hadn't gotten far and Reza looked forward to "the chase." It had been a while since she'd run with anyone.

'You know this terrain better than I do, what is around here?'
nytewulf
nytewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum